Wednesday, January 2, 2008

ESPN Radio and their advertisers

I have XM Radio and have had it for a number of years. I love it. I also love ESPN. So naturally having the two together is great. What's not so great is the advertising that ESPN hocks on it's xm channel (140). It's the same stuff every break: "Male enhancement in 3-5 seconds?!" or "Tired of seeing everyone around you living the good life?". You'd think a media juggernaut like ESPN could pull in some better schwag to push into our ears than this garbage.

I'm not sure how much longer I can take it; I mean you always have the ability to change the dial...but I'm American, that's a lot of work.

Thinking back on it - I think a solid work around would be the ability (like you have on a directv remote) to hit a "previous" button so that hopping between channels is easier.

This was a shitty rant...but what do I care - it's just a place for me to let the trash out of my head. It will be (I'm guessing) a good six months before anyone even see's this stuff.

No comments: