Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sliced Bread. Now, Sliced Hosting!

It slices it dices, it...well, no, it just hosts.

So here I am, not even a paying customer of this place and I'm already excited about using them based on some valid feedback and about 30 minutes of researching customers of theirs. For a project I'm consulting this seems to be an ideal move for what we need. I can add resources when need be, load-balance AND host multiple application platforms. I've got the control from the ground up without an insane price tag.

I mean for $20/month you have a pretty vast development machine which you can control the environment of. Now, granted I'm still trying to find the gap in the armor here, so I'm not going to say this is the greatest thing since sliced (sorry for the pun) bread but...when Engine Yard is floating around at $300/month (however, yes you basically have bought an IT-staff) this seems to be the best way to start out your idea and have a nice path for growth.

Anyway, props to Jason "my name is too easy to Google for" Bynum. for pointing me in their direction.

No comments: